Tuesday 3 February 2015

Arbonne Review

So recently I was contacted by an Arbonne representative who I met via a charity fashion show I had modelled for. I had not however heard of the brand but agreed to trial some of their products!
 
 



CONCEALER

Arbonne Crème Concealer - Light/Clair

First, let me begin with the Arbonne concealer. Being pale skinned it can be difficult to find a nice textured concealer in my shade. I do sometimes suffer from dark eye circles and the odd blemish or redness. I found this to be a lovely creamy concealer. I always apply mine with a small flat brush and tend to use a foundation brush to blend in. I also noticed that the more you work with it in the small palette, it warms up and makes it even more smoother which is a dream to apply.
 



SKINCARE

I have always had fairly sensitive skin from a young age and suffered from acne from early teens and I still do suffer from spots and blemishes due to hormone imbalance (I think.) I was given medication for it in my late teens but I am always eager to try skincare, especially botanical ranges. Its always nice knowing you're putting something on you skin that is natural and fresh.

Arbonne Clear Control Skin Care Set
 
Arbonne do have a number of different skincare ranges for different skin types. I was testing the Clear Control Set which dos come in a box (not pictured.) The set includes:
1 x Clarifying Blemish Wash 10ml 
1 x Clarifying Blemish Lotion
1  Clarifying Blemish Toner
1 x Blemish Calming Cream
 
I mainly used the Clarifying Blemish Wash which is basically just a face wash that can be used once or twice daily. I used this every morning. I also used the Blemish Lotion a few times. Using both of these products left my skin feeling silky smooth! Knowing my skin type I didn't want to overload my skin so quickly so I didn't use the Clarifying Blemish Toner. However I did try the Blemish Calming Cream as I did have a few spots flare up on my cheek. This little tube is like a quick spot fix and can be applied whenever you feel a spot appearing - perfect to drop in your bag on the go. I didn't seem to see much difference in my skin whilst using he skin care range but as I say I do have very temperamental skin! Although, I can did notice my skin feeling amazing after using this set!
 

 
HIGHLIGHTER

Arbonne Sheer Glow Highlighter

So in my daily make up I'm loving a fairly natural, radiant look. Highlighter is perfect for creating a healthy 'glow' so I was eager to try this. This highlighter has quite a peachy undertone whereas some on the market have a slight blue or pink tint to them. I applied all my makeup as normal and then applied the highlighter to areas I wanted to accentuate like my cheekbones and my brow bone. The peachy undertone is lovely for me as it compliments my skin tone, being a redhead.
 
 
 
 
 However, I did find that I had to use quite a lot of product to see results. The texture is like a creamy moisturiser. I dabbed it on with my finger and blended it a little with a stippled foundation brush. Overall, I had good results with this highlighter.

 
 
 
BRONZER
 
I recently smashed my bronzer in to a million tiny pieces so I do need a new one! (So clumsy!) I was keen to try the Arbonne bronzer to see what it was like. I rarely wear a blush but I do like a bronzer just to contour my cheekbones a little.
 
Arbonne Got You Covered Mineral Powder - Bronze
 
This particular bronzer comes in a pot with a little mesh cover almost like an old school powder compact. It has a screw lid and I must confess, I do love their packaging. Just very minimal & simple!  I used a stiff stippling brush to get product onto my brush through the mesh.   


 

 
 
I wasn't a huge fan of the matt effect of this particular bronzer as I normally wear one with a slight shimmer. This is only personal preference. I did find it difficult to blend with the stiff brush so tried a few different softer brushes and got there in the end. Took a little blending into my foundation though. Arbonne do also stock 1 other bronzer that I am aware of, which is a compressed powder so maybe I should try that instead!
 
 
PRIMER
 
I love a good primer! I think primers are great to prep your skin, and I especially use a primer before a night out or a big event to ensure my make up holds. I have been using the Smashbox primer for sometime now and wasn't sure if I would find one to match but I was pleasantly surprised by the Arbonne primer. 
 
Arbonne Make Up Primer
 
This primer comes in a black bottle with a pump which make it easy to get the product out of the bottle. I always apply my primer with my hands and found with this primer it has an unbelievably silky texture. It left my skin feeling velvety soft once I had applied it all over my face and was evenly spread. It held my make up very well and on that note would say it is very close to my Smashbox primer. This is a little hidden gem in the Arbonne collection - all black bottle which is the base before the actual make up but I highly recommend this product!
 

   
 
Although the skin care wasn't really for me I found most of the products mentioned above lovey to use. For those of you that don't know Arbonne has been running for years and is based on botanical principles. (Only fairly new to the UK.) The brand was developed in Switzerland in 1975 and carried through to America in 1980. Staying true to their botanical background, the company remains true to their morals of being 'green' and cruelty free formulas.
 
 
 
For anyone interested in how the products look here is some quick snaps of me wearing the primer, concealer, highlighter and bronzer (foundation, mascara & brow pencil are separate brands.)
 
Highlighter in the corner of my eye and on my brow bone...
 
 

 

 

Skin isn't perfect but you can see the bronzer in all its glory!
 


2 comments:

  1. Like the sound of the primer! Thanks for sharing with #nebrilliantbloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Honestly, it really is lovely! Keeps your make up on & has a beautiful texture too!

    ReplyDelete