Friday 6 February 2015

Aloe BB Creme Review | Flawless by Sonya

So I was recently approached about reviewing some products that are aloe vera based and I jumped at the chance! Okay, so the brand is called Flawless by Sonya. I cannot wait to share this review with you all!
 
 
 The first product by this brand I was given to review is their Aloe BB Creme. As far as I am aware, this comes in 2 shades. Nude (which is the one I have been trying) and Cocoa. The BB cream comes in a handy size tube with a screw cap lid. The creme itself has an SPF of 20 Sunscreen in, which is always good for an extra little protection in the sun!

 
To apply the BB Crème I used my fingers instead of a brush as I seems a much more natural way of applying a product that is designed to give a natural coverage. Personally I have struggled to find a decent covering BB crème in a good colour match for my skin so I was eager to try this.... I gently massaged it evenly all over my face. A little goes a long way with this! The first thing I noticed was the smell. It is a combination of moisturiser and sun cream with a little hint of something I cannot put my finger on. (I am guessing it is the aloe vera.) It is a refreshing smell and always nice to have products that have a nice scent. The second thing I noticed was how nicely it applies to the skin. This product gives a lovely coverage which is ideal for feeling confident in your own skin without having to wear a face full of cosmetics!


As you can see, the BB Crème is quite a few shades away from my natural skin tone. I think its the only real issue I have with this product. If I could, I'd get a shade lighter (but I am sure there is only Nude & Cocoa.) I just have to make sure it is blended well in to my skin and neck so I don't get a funny line... Always a hazard of being a porcelain skinned, redhead! I'm pretty sure that for most people, the shades they do stock are a great match. Also it isn't a great cover up for any spots but does cover dark circles and blemishes. It obviously isn't a concealing product but more of an over all natural coverage for lazy days and when you feel like wearing less make up.

Dark circles looking better, spots not 100% covered.

The thing I noticed after applying, was the glisten to my face. Because BB cremes are a kind of hybrid cross between a foundation and a moisturiser the finish is different to wearing a foundation. This particular BB crème gives a certain glow to your face which personally I like. Its not shiny, but more radiant. I guess you could powder over this if you prefer a more matte look. 
 

 


Now, the bottle does say "Hydrates, Conceals, Perfects." I tend to suffer a little from dark circles sometimes under my eyes. I applied a little more under my eyes and it seemed to make a noticeable difference! I also noticed that the crème has the capability to be built up. Maybe you're not feeling enough coverage with the 1st application? Well if you add a little more, it builds up beautifully!
  
 


Day 3 of using the Aloe BB Crème
 
 


I can say that I 100% recommend this product. As a sufferer of acne in my teens and bad skin on and off, it is nice to find a product that gives a good coverage to give you confidence without feeing like you're wearing too much at all.  And which girl doesn't want to have a best kept secret in beauty?!  
 
To order yours, contact Vicky Robinson who is lovely and can answer your questions about products!
 
Tel: 07939683975

2 comments:

  1. Very helpful review. A girl at my work stocks this and I'm thinking of buying it so it helped to have someone else's opinion (and trying not to sound like to much of a weirdo - You are absolutely stunning redhead :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah give it a try, maybe not the most perfect colour match for my skin tone as I am paler than most generic shades. Thank you!

      Delete