Tuesday 27 January 2015

Modelling for fashion label, Louise Ross

So, for those of you reading my blog who don't know... I am a freelance model. I figured this is a good place to share my experiences with this journey. I recently had a photo shoot in York (I travelled down from Newcastle.) The brand is called Louise Ross and is gorgeous! Personally, for me I love the travelling part of almost any journey  -  and I haven't been to York since I was very young so it was lovely for me to briefly see the area. I went by train and met the designer behind the collection which I would be wearing. It started snowing just as I arrived (which made my eyes light up.) I love how the snow makes everything look magical.

The lovely designer talked me through the pieces and the ideas behind them. As a model this is always a nice introduction so you get a feel for the vibe the designer is after. Her 1st collection is very country inspired with a mix of tweeds, buckles, flashes of colourful lining & tailoring. The company is pre lunch but I will do a follow up blog with links to all the fashion line's website & social media.




After this, the make up artist & photographer arrived and the photographer set off to go and set up the lights at a barn (which was the location of the shoot.) Meanwhile the make up artist got started on my make up. She set up and prepped my skin & I had my foundation airbrushed on. First time ever! Stacey had an extensive kit, which as a model is always great to see that an MUA is prepared. The brief from the designer was quite natural make up & Stacey followed this perfectly. Being a redhead model, sometimes foundation match or colour is difficult to those unfamiliar working with pale skin but I was super pleased with Stacey's work!  



Once my make up was done, we drove to the converted barn which was beautiful! The photographer (Rebecca Hull) had a white scoop back drop set up for simple studio shots but we also had the rest of the space to work with too!






To any new models reading this, I was wrapped up like a Christmas present as I had anticipated I would get cold. If you are like me, then never feel rude to ask for a hot drink or something to help you warm up. Obviously, act with professionalism and take precautions that you can before you arrive.



I requested a little music to get my moving and in a good, fun mind set. The photographer and whole team were fantastic to work with!  A few of the outfits were a little too big so we had to clip & I had to play with shapes and hold a few awkward positions but as a model this is something you get used to, to ensure the product looks the best it possibly can for the client. It comes with practise!


 
 
 
The photo shoot was a long day but I had an awesome time and was genuinely lovely to meet some new faces! I cannot wait to share some of the final images from this shoot!


Make Up Artist & Hair Stylist: https://www.facebook.com/STACEYBORGMUA
Designer: Louise Ross

1 comment:

  1. A fit and healthy body is the best fashion statement. Eating fruits and having a lot a water is beneficial for one's body.........Fashion and Modeling in india and Modelling Agencies in Delhi

    ReplyDelete