Thursday 29 December 2016

Hadrian's Tipi: Live Music, Mulled Wine & a Firepit

 
Christmas spent in a city is always a lovely time, and with Newcastle seemingly having an avalanche of new venues recently its not a surprise people choose to come here. When Hadrian's Tipi appeared, this unusual attraction caused a stir. I'm sure this is the first year we've been graced with the tipi presence in Newcastle so I was intrigued to find out more.
 



 
 
On entrance to the tipi, I was greeted with some delicious mulled wine (complete with cinnamon stick and clementine slice) - real mulled wine. It was super cold out, so this was really what I needed.


 
 
On entering I was overwhelmed with everything that was happening. And let me tell you, this tipi reminded me of the tents on Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire. So big inside, as you can see it has quite a big capacity. There was a bar, live music, seating to chill with friends and also a fire pit. A FIRE PIT. Amazing. I was excited about the fire pit although did not manage to get sat next to the flame of warmth (despite trying and waiting to pounce on an empty seat.) They have different live musicians playing and loved this band. I didn't catch their name but if anyone knows who they are please leave a comment!
 



 

 
 
There really isn't anything like an open wood burning fire to make a festive atmosphere. And although, I was informed of food but only managed to see one tray of hotdogs while I was there. And not one keen on hotdogs I gave them a pass.
 

 
 
However, if you were looking for somewhere to head after work then this would be it. Drinks, music, chilled vibes, wine... and more wine, then this is your hookup. And it is surprisingly warm in Hadrian's Tipi. I dreaded sitting in the tipi if it was going to be an icebox but super comfortable and toasty. And I had to ask a stranger if I could photograph her wine because who doesn't love a cosy photo of wine in front of a roaring fire?! I am hope this unique venue will stop by Newcastle next festive season, with more food next time please. The atmosphere is perfect if you're always on the go, chill out Christmas sloth mode. Hadiran's Tipi is an 8 week pop up and will then move to another city once the 8 weeks is up, so if you haven't been yet get down to see if its your crowd. Still has about a week left! 
 
 
 
 


 
 
Until next time...
 
 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment