Sunday 4 December 2016

City Rush & Aveda Hair Stylin'

Last Thursday was the night I attended the Newcastle Business Awards. Now, in true Original Redhead style, of course I was running round like a crazy person attempting to look glam! And when Aveda Blow Bar in Fenwick, Newcastle invited me in for a complimentary treatment last minute I thought my fairy godmother must have been looking down on me!
 
So, after finishing a long day at work, I rushed to Fenwick (same night as the Newcastle Light Switch On) featuring X Factor's Abi Garrido & Samantha Lavery. If you have somehow not heard these girls, seriously listen. As you can imagine, the city was buzzing and busy. So I get to Fenwick, with 45 minutes to spare, remove my make up, cleanse, tone, moisturise, prime and then start my make up again. This time with a much more fierce twist than my usual daytime look.


 
 
Thinking it would be nice & quiet and calm was a mistake on my part, with the toilets being on the children's floor and many families attending the lights being turned on every squeal and blast of the hand drier has me feeling hyper sensitive. Think it's the most rushed I've ever felt as I knew I had an appointment. BUT somehow in super timing, I managed my skin, lashes, brows, contour & highlight and then had to rush down stairs. Lashes and a red lip could be applied as I'm running out to my taxi!
 
When I located Aveda (they are pretty new to Fenwick!) I was greeted by the lovely Anna. She took my coat and many bags and made me feel so relaxed. I was talked through all the treatments they provide including blowdries, hair styling, head & shoulder massages and a full range of products. So I explained to Anna my event situation and we agreed on a hair style. To be honest I was expecting a simple blow dry so this completely outdid my expectations from the off.


 
 
My hair was combed & prepped with the Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion to create weightless texture as a base to begin my styling. I might add, I have super shiny and least textured hair ever so this product is great for all you girls who struggle to hold a style.Then my hair was curled in sections with a Diva Professional cone shaped curling wand - loved the curl shapes created with this! Wider and bouncier at the root with the curl decreasing towards the ends of the hair.


 
 

 
 
Anna worked her magic and started pinning! I wanted a nice up do for this evening event and the curls really looked lovely pinned up. We discussed a few details of how I'd prefer my fringe to sit and I liked it sweeping one side of my head so we worked on that and then added some gorgeous whispy curls which gently grazed my face. Spritzed with hair spray for extra hold this hair style wasn't budging an inch.


 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The finished look I think you can all agree was a perfect hair-up for an evening event and this Aveda service really does help take the pressure off if you have an event/party coming up in the festive season. And on a time scale, I proved that it really is a valuable service! I made Anna aware of my short time scare and she really performed under pressure!!
 
Until next time...
 
 
X

4 comments:

  1. Oo I love your updo, very glamorous! I've been meaning to look more into the hair bar, it sounds so convenient!

    Ami x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ami, its a lovely service and the staff are lovely! x

      Delete
  2. Looks lush! I curl my hair but it never stays put!

    JH | hellojenniferhelen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried pin curling? I curl my hair then pin them in place for a while... Usually while I do my make up but the longer the better. And they cool and then spray with hairspray. Mine never used to stay but this really helps! x

      Delete