Monday 23 March 2015

Photo shoot with Katie Spedding Photography

So about a year ago I was contacted by a lovely photographer... She said she wanted to book me months later and that she'd be in touch. Now a lot of the time, ideas change, photos shoots get rescheduled, different models get booked al of the time. So I was not sure if she would contact me again with the idea she had in mind. About a month go, I was surprisingly contacted by the lovely Katie Spedding. Katie is a student photographer and currently studying at Cleveland College of Art & Design and previously studied at Newcastle College. Both of the places I have studied so it was nice that we both knew of the same people in our creative circles. It actually turned out that we had previously met but I didn't realise via online contact.
 

So anyway, Katie messaged me with ideas, mood boards and other info I needed. It is always a plus when a photographer keeps the model well in the loop so you can be on the same wavelength and produce the best image possible with the same vision.

 



I loved her ideas so was super excited to work with her. I turned up to Centre Studio in Newcastle. It is a lovely little studio tucked away behind the Life Centre. I then met the make up artist who I knew via social media but had never previously had the chance to work with so far. Colleen Carrahar is absolutely lovely and she made my face look amazing for the look we were going for. It was quite a dark beauty look with white sleek brows. Colleen's application was impeccable and spent ages perfecting the look.

 
 


Then for my hair, this was also a lovely lady! Louise Jane Gibson gave me a slicked back look with a little texture and volume. Louise had an amazing attention to detail and tweaked through out the shoot. I had not worked with Louise neither so it was really nice to meet a new set of people. I'm such a social butterfly and I love that part of modelling.




To finish the look I wore a black lace top and accessories by Kathryn Russell (another creative I know via social media and love her pieces, so was a delight to wear them.)



Then finally, it was down to me to sit in front of the camera. Katie spoke through the emotion she was trying to evoke and different poses she would like from me. As a model, I have learnt from experiences which angles work, what looks good on camera and how to move. I still learn every shoot but it is something that comes with experience. So, to the aspiring models reading this... Keep practising, grab photographers willing to work with you and you'll get there.



 
I cannot wait to share the final images from this shoot! But for now, I'll keep you hanging on the edge of your seat. Katie shot numerous models for this collection of images so she has lots of editing to do but will share them when I receive them!

Don't forget to follow the team on social media!

Katie Spedding: https://www.facebook.com/katiespeddingphotography?pnref=story 


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the final shots - it's fab having a little peek behind the scenes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see them too! Yeah, I think it's nice I can show what goes on at a photo shoot... It's not always glam and people only usually see the final image! This was however, a lovely little studio with a great team. Sometimes, its hours in hair and make up in a cold studio. Life of a model eh! I enjoy every second though Sam! x

      Delete