Monday 23 January 2017

Healthy Eats at a Mystery Newcastle Location

After December is over and the over indulgence loses its novelty, most are left feeling bloated, guilty and a few pounds heavier. So when I was invited along to a healthy eating blogging event by Ruth at Pretty Little Gym Addict I was excited to see what Intu Eldon Square had in store for us. Our meeting point was Giraffe World Kitchen, but as to which restaurant in the new quarter we would be dining in.
 
But first, to set off our healthy celebrations the lovely staff at Giraffe hosted a smoothie making class and also knocked up a few cocktails in aid of Dry January.
 
 



 
 
We were asked to choose a favourite looking smoothie from their menu and then we were brought up and talked through the process allowing us to make our own. I chose the Mango Lasse which was delish. Consisting of fruits and flavours, these smoothies were the perfect January drinks.


 
 

 
 
From here, the grand unveil of where we would dine was revealed. Each twosome went to a different restaurant and our goal was to choose the healthiest options on the menu. Ruth and I were assigned to Crepe Affaire. This was previously the infamous Eldon Square Fish & Chip Shop. We both hadn't visited since it had changed hands and became Crepe Affaire so this was a new experience for us.
 
 

 
 
On arrival, from the décor there's a very distinct French bistro vibe. he décor is a combination of white hexagon micro tiles, woods and marble surfaces. We were greeted by friendly staff who spoke us through the menus and the calories etc of the savoury crepe options. They were very helpful and got our order taken swiftly. I went for the Chicken Supreme minus the sauce it normally is cooked in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also chose a smoothie from their list and I went for the Kale Kick. Considering the unappetising green shade of this, it was surprisingly yummy. Our crepes arrived and admittedly I was excited to dig in. I myself hadn't tried savoury crepes (sweet ones and been tasted on a dreamy trip to Paris.)
 
 
 
 

 
 
Stuffed with succulent chicken, mushrooms, tomato & spinach this was really tasty. The chicken tasted extremely fresh and cooked to perfection. The crepes are filled very filling and the ingredients are not sparingly used. Nothing worse than a stingy meal!
 

 
 
I was apprehensive of my crepe being bland but the freshness of the ingredients really did give it natural flavour. If I'd just finished a heavy session at the gym and needed a meal to help me recover and repair then this would be a great alternative to the usual healthy eats. The kale kick smoothie washed this down and was the perfect boost to accompany the crepe.
 
 
 
 
Crepe Affaire also offer a range of sweet crepes and treat too (which look amazing) and would be the perfect little treat for your cheat day. And if you're looking for a coffee, breakfast options or even naughty Belgian, these guys have you covered!
 

 
 
 
 
 
Price wise, I wasn't sure what to expect but they are very reasonable given the quality, portions and service. To eat in, the Chicken Supreme Crepe is £6.90 and my Kale Kick is £3.25.
 
 
 

Until next time...
 
 
X
 

4 comments:

  1. Their prices seem really good! I can imagine popping by and grabbing a crepe for lunch x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're great prices considering how much they are filled! Would deffs recommend stopping by one day x

      Delete
  2. This place looks amazing! I'm a sucker for good design :)

    ReplyDelete