Saturday 1 October 2016

Restaurant Week & Swordfish Tales

Craving to try somewhere new but not sure an branching out to a new cuisine or venue? If you've never checked out NE1 Newcastle Restaurant Week, it's a great time to try somewhere new with great discounts and offers. I've never been to Marco Polo's on Dean Street but always liked the look of it and heard good review. I headed out with Zoe & Ruth and we went to try they had to offer. We were seated very promptly on arrival (we'd booked a table) and the serving staff were all very pleasant and accommodating.
 
 
 
 
It came round to ordering and I went for the chicken & frontina crouquettes, tomato & Njuda. Truth be told, I had no real idea of what to expect besides the fact that I guessed they would be similar to croquettes. So, the starters arrived and I was not disappointed with my uneducated choice. These babies were super delicious and the tomato based sauce was the perfect balance for the dish.
 

 
 

 
 
After the delicious starter I went with the chargrilled swordfish with Panzanella salad. I've never had either of these things so this truly was a liberating meal exploring new flavours! The swordfish really was cooked perfectly and sat on a bed of tomato, avocado, crutons tossed in olive oil. Panzanella is a bread and tomato based salad descending from Tuscany. This main was refreshing and light with the sultry chargrilled taste of the swordfish. If you're looking for something to eat before you're heading out with the girls (aka bloat-free meal) this is the one! So tasty and filling.


 
 

 
 

 
 
I was super well behaved and skipped the dessert while the girls went ahead and ordered their's (not torture at all to watch them eat theirs, they also looked yummy.) However, I don't recommend you skip it... If you're looking for somewhere new to try, in the heart of Newcastle and close to lots of cocktail bars to enjoy, then Marco Polo is the one for you.
 


 
Until next time...
 
 
X
 

3 comments:

  1. Your photography is gorgeous, you capture everything so beautifully! The food looks lush and I'm longing to try the croquettes dish mmmm! Following you on GFC :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! The croquettes were so delicious I want them again! x

      Delete
    2. Just followed you on instagram :) x

      Delete