Monday 25 April 2016

Retail & Style Awards

If you keep up to date with my blog or follow my social media... you will know on Saturday night I attended SunFM's Retail & Style Awards! I had been shortlisted for the Most Stylish Blogger Award so it was all very exciting into the run up of the award... Hold tight, this could get a little lengthy...
 
 
So the night promised a 3 course meal, entertainment, a drinks entrance, awards ceremony & a fashion show. I arrived dressed in a floor length gown (which is from Misguided for those who have been asking.) I met up with Lisa Gurthrie from Tried & Tested on the red carpet where we sipped prosecco and chatted. We were then ushered through to the seating area which was laid out with dressed tables ready for an amazing night!
 
 
 
 
From here we were all seated and the Retail Awards began... There were some lovely awards which celebrated customer service, employees and even small retailers! Part way through the retail awards the starters were served and I have to say I was pretty hungry by then...
 
The menu was mouth watering and I was very excited to see what each course tasted like.
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
After the main we then had the pleasure of listening to local singer, The Lake Poets and the fashion show which showcased new summer pieces from numerous high street brands which have stores in the Bridges.  
 
 
 
 
 
After the fashion show and The Lake Poets, dessert was then served. It was called a "Build Your Own Made in Sunderland" dessert which consisted of candyfloss, fresh strawberries, popping candy, mango puree, raspberries & a kind of deconstructed Eton mess. I opted for the fresh strawberries and the deconstructed Eton mess (crushed meringue & cream spiked with fresh mint to tingle the taste buds!)
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Mid way through my dessert they started to call the Style awards and it got to the Most Stylish Blogger Award which I had been shortlisted for along with 3 other local bloggers. Now I was truly honoured and grateful to have been nominated and have a tonne of people vote for me to get to that position! I really didn't know who was going to win as we couldn't view how many votes we had and we only found out at the moment they called the winning name. It was unnerving to sit there and wait (I don't envy the Oscars nominees!) They announced the winner who was Lisa Guthrie and I couldn't have been happier for her! We're all in the same boat and it was lovely to see a fellow beauty blogger win the title!
 
 


Lisa collected her award and I congratulated her on the win. Such an achievement and we have been planning to go to more blogging events together. It's always lovely when you're brought together by the things you love! After that tense moment we then watched Izzy Bizu perform (who has a delightful voice by the way) as we sipped our champagne. We laughed and chatted and reflected on our blogging journey! Such a lovely night!!
 
 
 
 
Then I was interviewed by Hazel from Made In Tyne & Wear to chat to her about my outfit along with 2 other ladies who looked beautiful! Then what a lot of people had been waiting for, we got to see Lawson perform. They sounded amazing live and it was such an awesome addition to the evening.
 
 
 
 
I was even lucky enough to meet the guys from Lawson before they performed!
 
 
 
 
 
All in all a great evening and a huge honour to be involved! I'm hoping to be involved in more awards this year and I'd like to give a shout out for everyone who voted. Thank you thank you thank you!
 
Until next time...
 
 
X

 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well Done on your nomination. You may not have won the award but you looked a winner in the style stakes. I love your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a great night and I was proud I got so far! I love that dress, always helps me stand out from the crowd!

      Delete