Tuesday 17 October 2017

Meat:Stack at No.28. New name, same great taste.

Last night I was invited along to the re-launch of Meat:Stack.... formerly known as The Grind. If you don't remember my last post about these guys, I labelled it as "the best burger I'd ever tasted." With a rename and re-brand, I was eager to know if the delicious, loved burgers remained the same. 




You might not have heard of Meat:Stack as they are based in No.28 - a hidden bar. This cool venue is tucked snuggle upstairs in the Grainger Market, Newcastle. I love this spot, always guaranteed to make my ears happy with their sick playlists. We tasted some cocktails before getting down to business with the menu. 





 When I last tried these burgers, I tasted the West Coast Classic which is a waaay better upgraded version of a Big Mac. Classic burger, slathered in delicious cheese and a handmade patty. This time I wasn't sure to expect on taste, quality, if the recipes had changed and such so I went for the Classic again for comparison....




Safe to say, this juicy and succulent burger didn't disappoint. The name may have changed but the taste remains! I'm yet to try a burger better than this. A hand thrown patty on a soft bun covered in melted cheesy goodness and a dash of lettuce for the classic crunch. Each component carefully thought about. The taste that makes this is the secret sauce. For all you classic cheeseburger lovers, this one is for you! 




My friend tried the Fried Chicken & Parmesan Burger which was again another tasty winner. Juicy chicken, cooked to perfection with honey mayo and that classic lettuce crunch. My other friend tried the Mid Western Burger which is a butter burger packed with french onions, charred green chilli, miso butter and whipped garlic. Still no faults to be had, each burger had its own distinctive taste but the quality remains. The Mid Western has a hint of gherkin taste to it. Anyone in search if something out of the ordinary, you've gotta give this a go!




So while you're tucking in and your senses are going crazy, add beef dripping fries to the mix and this will tip you over the edge. These guys know how to make your tummy happy! Crunchy, yet perfectly crispy american style fries, fried in beef dripping and seasoned with salt. Unreal! Again, I tried these last time but no change in the amazing flavour. 




An exception to last time of tasting, I got to try the Legendary Buffalo Wings which were spicy but flavoursome and crispy. The meat is tender and everything you want from a chicken wing. Bite size chicken goodness. And I'm not a huge fan of meat on the bone or beef burgers per say but these guys just know what they're doing! Hand thrown patties right down to their sauces. 

 We were also treat to Dog Hot Fries which are filthy fries drizzled in in secret sauce, ancho chilli honey, buffalo hot sauce and topped with cheddar cheese and gourmet hot dog. Spicy on the taste buds but just as addictive... once you start on these you cant stop. The sauce is a unique taste yet still an american vibe of a classic. 

If you're a burger connoisseur or just looking for something delicious to satisfy the hunger, get yourself to Meat:Stack at No.28. The burgers range from £6 - £8 and sides are reasonably priced too. I'll for sure be back to taste their Parmesan & Truffle Fries and maybe even test the desserts if I leave any room. And if you can't eat a burger without the all important fries, the £10 offer Monday - Thursday is insanely good value for money with the addition of Buffalo Wings too. Good food, done very well. Still the best burger I have ever tasted. 


Until next time... 


X


2 comments:

  1. Best burgers ever. Fact! It’s literally so underrated I can’t believe it!

    ReplyDelete