Tuesday 18 August 2015

Healthy Take Out & Chopstick Adventures

So if you have been following my blog for a while you will know I am obsessed with sushi. Read more about my obsession HERE. But this time I'm talking about Nudo...
 
 
 
 
 

I am a very faithful customer of St Sushi but recently I have been indulging a little in Nudo take out! St sushi do take out but sometimes Nudo is more convenient for me so I love them equally.
 
 
 
 
The thing I like about Nudo is that you can buy a selection of different boxes all freshly made up which are refrigerated. Every time I go in and debate what to have and almost always leave with a delicious selection of salmon! My fave! So I just thought I'd share this with you because sometimes I'm a girl about town and need to grab something to eat in a hurry in between my busy schedule or to take home after a busy week and unwind with a glass of champagne!
 
I love the packaging of these little boxes and each box has a sticker seal so you know what is what.
Which if you're a sushi beginner can be helpful.
 
 
 
 
I have to say aesthetically I would prefer if the rolls were neater but maybe I just have sushi OCD! They still taste very good! And much better dipped in soy sauce. These boxes also come with a wasabi sachet, soy sauce sachet and some include picked ginger too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have to tell you salmon nigiri have always been a favourite of mine, right from my first trying sushi. Also someone once told me to step away from the salmon nigiri and buy the Nudo seared salmon and I was thinking how could anything top the nigiri?! But this seared salmon is amazing! Soooo tasty and a new take on plain salmon nigiri! If you haven't tried this I feel like it's a must... I'm hungry just looking at these photos!
 
 
 
 
 
If you know of any cool sushi joints, let me know in the comments.
 
Until next time.
 
 
X
 
 

8 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous - we are starting a healthy living kick after too much indulgence over Summer so will definitely be popping into Nudo when we're in town for lunch. Will try your recommendation of seared salmon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a try and even when I get take out I forget its so good for me rather than getting a typical 'take away.' Hope you and the family like it, let me know what you think! x

      Delete
  2. I've NEVER had sushi! This looks yummy though and I love thr packaging it's very pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, the thought of it a few year back made me cringe. But it really doesn't feel like you're eating raw fish! I tried it once in New York as a 'when in rome' spur of the moment type experience and loved it ever since. Give it a go, they deliver too.

      And the boxes are super pretty and convenient to keep them in if you're not eating it right away! x

      Delete
  3. My favourite from Nudo is a beansprout salad and salmon sashimi but will be looking out for the seared salmon next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sounds delish Laura! Yeah I'm addicted to the seared salmon! Such a yummy taste, give it a try x

      Delete
  4. This looks fantastic. I love Sushi as well but my favorite spot here in Oslo has closed down and a lot of Sushi shops here are just too expensive and also not very good. I need to find a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a little treat, so tasty. I do know a place which I prefer but I prefer their sit in meals to their take out! Nudo is great after long days at work when you want something but cant be bothered to cook. Or after a work out!

      Boo, I hate it when that happens! Hope you find a new place soon! x

      Delete